Sunday, January 20, 2008

Memoirs of 2 Sundance Film Festival Goers

Some of you may know that Zachary Dukepoo and I have been friends for quite some time. Quite a bunch of fun-having has been had by Ashley and Zach the past 15 years. However, one of the funnest (this word is officially in the dictionary now, so I'm using it) and funniest events in the History of Zach and Ashley was Sundance Film Festival 2003.

Zach got these sweet tickets to an insider party exclusively for owners of Volkswagen Bugs (some of you may have seen the State Farm Bug driving around...Albrecht family ownership of that baby is what got us in). Anyway, we drove to the party. It was totally fun. We ugly danced around, had a few Red Bulls, someone thought that my Zach was Zach Braff starring in Garden State, and then the Zach Fan Man didn't believe him when he said that he was a Zach, but not Zach Braff. Then, I felt like the date of a famous person as the guy stared at us the rest of the time and spread rumors about Zach's famousness.

Well, the night went great and around 1:30am, immune to the Red Bulls, we were super tired and we decided we had Park City partied enough and it was time to go back to Provo.

I don't know if any of you remember the Great Inversion of 2003, but for a few weeks, it was 100% foggy and driving home on that night was like driving through an ozone-sized glass of Vitamin D milk.

We had been driving through the milk for about 2 hours, excited to reach our destination, and just as I had dozed off, I awoke to the shout of Zach, "WE'RE IN WYOMING!!!" Confused and alarmed, I exclaimed, "No!" (Actually, I don't remember what I said). However, to my dismay, there was the Welcome to Utah sign staring down at our tired selves.

We laughed for a hundred years, took pictures at the Welcome to Utah sign, and then drove our pretty selves back to Provo, making it home shortly after 4am.

1 comment:

gurrbonzo said...

Didn't State Farm cover your backside? Were you bugged by high insurance rates?